Wireless Sensor Netowrk (WSN)
1.1 Radio Propagation
1.1.1 Occupancy Monitoring, Simulation & Modeling
- To study human behavior effect on Signal Strength for enabling intelligent green building.
- To investigate the effect of human movement on signal strength in indoor environment at 2.4GHz.
- To develop attenuation model based on measurement of data for preliminary design in analyzing WSN as passive sensor for enabling intelligent green building.
1.2 Cognitive Radio / Interference Study
- To study the interference and coexistence between Zigbee/IEEE 802.15.4 and Wifi/IEEE 802.11 network in indoor environment, uncontrolled environment (lab environment) and controlled environment (no WiFi activity).
- To investigate the effect of Wi-Fi activities on Energy Detected by the IEEE802.15.4 WSN transceiver in uncontrolled and controlled environment.
Spectrum recorded during light traffic in uncontrolled environment
Spectrum recorded during heavy traffic in uncontrolled environment
2. Environment Monitoring
2.1.1 Agriculture & Bio-Diversity Sight Monitoring System (Forsense)
- To monitor the activity and habitats around the agriculture and secondary forest area of Sg. Chuchuh
- To see the health of the existence secondary forest level
- To deploy assistive device and equipment for monitoring
- To provide a complete platform for researcher to research base on their field
Map of SPF Mata Ayer Perlis and location of the deployed system
2.1.2 Weather Monitoring
- To acquire ground weather data specifically from Perlis.
- To study the weather pattern and its significance to flora found in Perlis such as Harum Manis mangoes.
- To predict weather in accordance to the collected data for agricultural advancement.
Weather sensor equipped with rain drop rate, humidity, temperature, solar
Wireless sensor node (mesh routing) suitable for long range monitoring
Base station collect data from sensor nodes
2.1.3 Water Quality Monitoring (Aquasense)
- To acquire water quality level of still or moving water.
- To study the water quality pattern and its significance for advancement of fishery and waste water management.
2.1.4 Greenhouse Monitoring (Greensense)
- To acquire ambient and environmental parametric data of a greenhouse.
- To study the ambient and environmental parametric data and its significance in preserving the quality and predicting the yield of greenhouse techno agriculture.